Senior ESG Researcher
London, UK / Budapest, Hungary
Richmond Global Sciences (RGS) is a leading technology company creating tools to help investors allocate capital sustainably. We are motivated by the potential that technology and data can exponentially improve investors’ decision-making regarding Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) issues. Our team is composed of experts in sustainability and ESG investing with technology leaders in the world of AI and machine learning.
RGS is an early-stage startup with a small, dynamic team. We are passionate about our mission to create a more sustainable and inclusive economy. We strongly believe that everyone has the right to know the real impact of their decisions on the planet and people. If we are successful, people will have the information needed to enable positive progress.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RGS is committed to equity and fairness in all aspects of its operations. RGS does not discriminate against any individual based on gender, race, ethnicity, place of origin, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or physical disability.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior ESG Researcher with an excellent understanding of corporate ESG data and methodologies and how they can be used to deliver actionable insights on companies for investors. The successful applicant will combine exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with expertise in ESG data gained through relevant experience with a data provider, asset management research team or academic research. S/he will lead a small team of ESG Researchers to quantify the environmental and social impacts of companies’ products and will be responsible to continuously improve the methodology, validate model assumptions and improve our product offering for investors. The individual will be expected to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and thus demonstrate ambition, excellent team-work skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities.
The role will provide a deep understanding of the environmental and social impacts of large corporations and their relevance for investors. It is also an opportunity to be part of the early stages of product development at a fast-growing SaaS startup.
- Lead a team researching and designing industry specific frameworks to measure company’s product impacts
- Deliver relevant, actionable insights on companies to investors. Become a trusted go-to expert on core ESG topics
- Continuously improve how we think and model ESG impact risks and opportunities and how we develop solutions for investors globally
- Identify, map and analyze relevant datasets to enhance the impact calculations
- Check and validate impact calculations and assumptions
- Prepare reports and presentations of document findings
- Support the overall mission, vision and goals of Richmond Global Sciences
Skills and Requirements:
- Passionate about social impact and sustainability issues and the use of data to solve them
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills. Ability to interpret data, theorize, and make decisions based on data
- Advanced degree in economics, econometrics, finance, statistics or other applied quantitative field. PhD would be desirable
- 3+ years of experience relating to social and environmental impact methodologies, whether with a data provider, asset manager, or within academia. Relevant knowledge or experience on specific industries would be desirable and should be highlighted in the application
- Experience guiding team members to implement technical methodology developments
- Solid data analysis skills using Excel (Python is highly desirable)
- Ability to communicate data insights to a non-analytical audience
- Self-starter who will excel in a start-up environment by taking ownership and initiative
- Applicants need to be eligible to work in the UK or Hungary
What are we offering?
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- A supportive team and working environment that values excellence and is motivated by making a positive impact on society and the environment
- An opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of ESG frameworks and the environmental and social impacts of specific sub-industries
- An invaluable insight into the early stages of product development at a fast-growing SaaS startup
- No corporate overhead, endless meetings, arbitrary goals, and pointless reviews
How to apply:
Please send a CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested and suitable for this role to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior ESG Researcher Application”.